Selfie Stick Information Tips
In order to make sure that you didn’t forget or miss anything at your decision which selfie stick you would like to buy, I put together the following questions. Thus you will have a clear conscience, when purchasing:
- Is your photo device compatible with the selfie stick you chose or with the external remote provided either via Bluetooth technology or via cable?
- Always check which version of operating system on your phone is being supported!
- Usually selfie sticks are not compatible with compact cameras or action cameras. A specific selfie stick or a specific remote, which belongs to a specific action or compact camera, is required.
- Is your smartphone or your camera designed to be attached to the stick, using an adapter or a ¼ inch screw thread?
- Some adapters are not dimensioned for oversized smartphones.
- Some smartphone adapters such as the Joby GripTight XL Mount* (see review here) can be attached to selfie sticks, if needed.
- Are you okay with the selfie stick’s maximum length?
- Does the retracted selfie stick fit into your backpack or your purse?
- Are you okay with the selfie stick’s weight? Remember: You have to carry it!
- Does the stick have an anti-slip, easy to hold foam grip and a hand strap for additional security?
- Is the stick made out of stainless steel?
- What can you say about the selfie stick’s overall quality?
- Was the stick produced by one of the major manufacturers or is it a no-name product from asia?
- What is part of the scope of supply?
- If you need one, is a remote included?
- Is a high quality adapter for your phone or camera provided or do you have to buy a better one and upgrade?
- Are any other selfie accessories available, such as camera lenses?
- What do other customers say about the product?